- CWT improves muscle soreness.
- CWT is not more effective than other treatments for soreness.
What is Exercise Induced Muscle Soreness?
What Happens When you are Sore?
So Does CMT Help Soreness?
Conclusions on CWT
- Cheung K, Hume P, Maxwell L (2003) Delayed onset muscle soreness : treatment strategies and performance factors. Sports Med 33: 145–164.
- Goodall S, Howatson G (2008) The effects of multiple cold water immersions on indices of muscle damage. J Sports Sci Med 7: 235–241.
- Paschalis V, Nikolaidis MG, Giakas G, Jamurtas AZ, Pappas A, et al. (2007) The effect of eccentric exercise on position sense and joint reaction angle of the lower limbs. Muscle Nerve 35: 496–503.
- Burt DG, Twist C (2011) The effects of exercise-induced muscle damage on cycling time-trial performance. J Strength Cond Res 25: 2185–2192.
- Bieuzen F, Bleakley CM, Costello JT. Contrast water therapy and exercise induced muscle damage: a systematic review and meta-analysis.PLoS One. 2013 Apr 23;8(4):e62356. doi: 0.1371/journal.pone.0062356. Print 2013. Review.