These squashed potatoes are easy, tasty and delicious (and not to be confused with mashed potatoes.) They make a quick side dish and can be vegetarian!
- 12 small red-skinned potatoes
- rock salt herb blend (I use this blend I got in Hawaii at an ABC store, clear tube, red label)
- 1/2 head garlic or 6-7 cloves, minced
- olive oil
- shaved or grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- crumbled bacon (optional)
- Place potatoes in salted water over high heat. Bring potatoes to a boil and cook until tender, about, 15 minutes total.
- Drain potatoes and lay on a dish towel to cool until they are cool to the touch.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Drizzle a little olive oil on a baking sheet.
- Once the potatoes are cool, place a plastic bag over one and use your palm to squash each one until it’s between ½” to ¾” thick.
- Lay the smashed potatoes on the baking sheet, and top each one with a little garlic, herb salt and cheese (and bacon if using.) Drizzle a little more olive oil over the top of each one.