An internship at COR will present you with the opportunity to experience hands-on, individualized coaching with as many as 100 clients per day. Each intern will have the chance to coach age-group, high school, collegiate athletes, parents, triathletes, and weekend warriors, and general exercisers. Interns will become more familiar with the intricacies of program design, and observe and assist a variety of elite athletes under the supervision of our qualified staff.
As a COR intern, you would have the opportunity to compliment your hands-on learning experience with participation in our weekly In-Services, which focuses on continuing education in a classroom-style learning environment. We work closely with our internship participants to develop coaching, assessment and program-design skill sets to complement career aspirations within the fitness industry.
Expectations of Physical Therapy and Personal Training Internships
• Be competent teaching dynamic warm-up & flexibility drills
• Demonstrate a knowledge of training techniques
• Be eager to learn and accepting of constructive criticism
• Must be comfortable interacting with clients, parents, etc.
• Present yourself in a manner that will reinforce your status as a role model for impressionable young athletes
COR Physical Therapy and Personal Training Internships
COR internships are scheduled according to academic semesters and summer vacation. Interns are asked to work a minimum of 20 hours per week throughout the duration of their program.
• Fall: Sept. 6 – Dec. 18, 2020 (2 Positions). App. Deadline: 6/30
• Spring: Jan. 11 – May 7, 2021 (2 Positions). App. Deadline: 11/30
• Summer: June 7 – Aug. 27, 2021 (2 Positions). App. Deadline: 5/31
If you are interested in any of these internship positions, please fill out the application below.