An internship at COR will present you with the opportunity to experience hands-on, individualized coaching with as many as 100 clients per day. Each intern will have the chance to coach age-group, high school, collegiate athletes, parents, triathletes, and weekend warriors, and general exercisers. Interns will become more familiar with the intricacies of program design, and observe and assist a variety of elite athletes under the supervision of our qualified staff.
As a COR intern, you would have the opportunity to compliment your hands-on learning experience with participation in our our weekly Staff In-Service, which focuses on continuing education in a classroom-style learning environment. We work closely with our internship participants to develop coaching, assessment and program-design skill sets to compliment career aspirations within the fitness industry.
Additionally, all interns are provided with COR apparel, and will be granted free participation in any seminars/mentorships hosted here at our facility during their time with us.
Expectations of Physical Therapy and Personal Training Internships
• Be competent teaching dynamic warm-up & flexibility drills
• Demonstrate a knowledge of training techniques
• Be eager to learn and accepting of constructive criticism
• Must be comfortable interacting with clients, parents, etc.
• Present yourself in a manner that will reinforce your status as a role model for impressionable young athletes
COR Physical Therapy and Personal Training Internships
COR internships are scheduled according to academic semesters and summer vacation. Interns are asked to work a minimum of 20 hours per week throughout the duration of their program.
• Semester 1: Sept. 3 – Dec. 15, 2018 (3 Positions)
• Semester 2: Jan. 7 – May 3, 2019 (3 Positions)
• Summer: June 11 – Aug. 31, 2018 (3 Positions)
If you are interested in any of these internship positions, please fill out the application below.