COR Remote Training Philosophy
Out of town, but want a program designed by COR? Online training gives everyone the opportunity to train at COR where ever you live. Program includes 30 minute phone consultation and program creation. Then, each week COR sends you detailed workouts with video demonstration of each exercise. This package also includes unlimited email exchange with COR.
Dr. John Mullen
Dr. John Mullen, DPT, CSCS is a World renowned expert and speaker in sports training and rehabilitation. He received his Doctorate in Physical Therapy at USC, as well as the Josette Antonelli Division Service Scholarship, Order of the Golden Cane, and the Order of Areté. At USC, he also performed research on swimming biomechanics and lung adaptations in swimming training. Dr. John has worked with multiple professional and Olympic athletes, helping them earn Olympic medals. His dedication to research and individualization spurred him to open COR in 2011. Since 2011, Dr. John has been featured in Stack Magazine, Swimming World Magazine, Swimmer Magazine, USA Swimming, USA Triathlon, Swimming Science, and many more. Before his Doctoral program, Dr. John swam on an athletic scholarship at Purdue University. At Purdue, Dr. John was an Academic Honorable Mention All-American and was awarded the Red Mackey Award and R. O. Papenguh Award. He also won the Purdue Undergraduate business plan and elevator pitch competition, as well as 1st prize with the Indiana Soy Bean Alliance. <span class=”accent-5″>Dr. John was born in Centerville, Ohio and was a 24-time high school All-American Swimmer. Dr. John is still a swimmer and holds a Masters swimming World and Pacific Swimming Record.
Coach Chris Barber
Coach Chris Barber is a foremost expert in sports training, body composition enhancement, and application of biomechanics for performance. Chris is a Certified Personal Trainer with the National Council of Strength and Fitness (NCSF) and with United States of America WeightLifting (USAW). Chris graduated with a B.S. at Concordia University in Irvine, CA. He writes extensively on health, fitness, and sports, being featured in various sports magazines. Chris started as an Intern at COR in December of 2012 and has moved his way up to the Director of Personal Training and the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach at COR. Chris has been devoted in help everyone strive to achieve their goals. Through the past 3 years Chris has developed a Kids Athletic Development Program and High School Strength and Conditioning Camps.
What to Expect
- The online training includes an initial phone consultation which includes a detailed systematic subjective evaluation (see below).
- Following the subjective COR will create an individualized program based on your goals, strengths, weaknesses, etc.
- Shortly you’ll received a detailed training program with videos, pictures, repetitions, sets, etc.
- Your program will be held online and the trainer will make detailed notes on your progress and answer any questions via email.
The coach will perform a systematic subjective evaluation, conversing on the following topics:
- Your current problems/complaints.
- Past problems/complaints.
- Current training regimen.
- Areas of strengths and weaknesses.
- Current nutritional and supplement program.
- How much you sleep and your sleep routine.
- Your mental state during training and competition.
**Requires 12-month membership commitment. For Memberships, please log-in Mindbody Online, then select ‘Online Store’ and ‘Contracts’.
Conditions Successfully Improved
- Weight Loss
- Muscle Gain
- Poor mental strength
- Lack of energy
- Balancing work/school and sport
- Decreased power
- Decreased endurance
- Much More!