COR Boot Camp Schedule
*Boot Camp members can also attend open gym free of charge.
COR Boot Camp Philosophy
Whether you are trying to lose weight, add muscle, or tone your body, COR guarantees we will be “making you better” again. Close your eyes and think of a time when you looked your best. Think of how you felt, the energy, your confidence…we’ll help you get back to this!
At COR, “making you better” is our mission. The boot camps don’t just make you look better, feel better, and provide a community. At each session, we ensure you get a great workout, but will have you leaving with a smile on your face as well. We realize fitness isn’t a short-term objective, but a long-term solution. Therefore, having fun, working hard, and optimal programming helps our clients improve steadily over time.
At your first session, you’ll chat with our trainer and get an individualized program, maximizing your results.
Many trainers do not take assessments, set a plan, and make themselves accountable. At COR, we demand a lot from ourselves, as giving you a “cookie cutter” program will not be “making you better”.
Our accountability system, individualized training program, and planning maximize each client’s results.
What to Expect
Please call (408) 905-6483 prior to coming to learn about signing-in and purchasing or redeeming classes.
We request all members to sign-in ahead of class with the. It is not mandatory to sign-in ahead of time, but if our class is at capacity (15 members), you won’t be able to attend the class. If you sign-up ahead of time, but do not attend class, you will be charged 50% of the regular class cost ($10) if the class is at capacity. This fee also applies to those who bought classes through Groupon. If you do not arrive to class with in the first 10 minutes then your reserved spot can be given away to another person and you will be charged 50% of the regular class cost ($10), if the class is at capacity.
Please arrive early to your first session with your paperwork completed. If you don’t complete the paperwork before arriving, you will fill it out before your first class (it takes approximately 10 minutes).
You will receive a brief orientation of the facility and boot camp philosophy.
• $20 Per Individual Class
• $180 for 10 Classes (Expire in 3 months from purchase)
• $189 Unlimited Month to Month Boot Camp
• $169 Unlimited Annual Boot Camp (Requires 12-month commitment)*
• $259 Unlimited Annual Couples Boot Camp (Requires 12-month commitment)*
* Pauses are approved on a case-by-case basis and if a contract is broken, a 50% of the remaining amount of contract is applied.
What Should You Bring?
Please bring the following to each visit:
• Comfortable clothes. We suggest a t-shirt and shorts.
• Complete the paperwork before the first visit.
• Towels and water are provided at the facility.
Chris Barber, CPT
Chris Barber is a foremost expert in sports training, body composition enhancement, and application of biomechanics for performance. Chris is a Certified Personal Trainer with the National Council of Strength and Fitness (NCSF) and with United States of America WeightLifting (USAW). Chris graduated with a B.S. at Concordia University in Irvine, CA. He writes extensively on health, fitness, and sports, being featured in various sports magazines. Chris started as an Intern at COR in December of 2012 and has moved his way up to the Director of Personal Training and the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach at COR. Chris has been devoted to helping everyone strive to achieve their goals.
Chris is an elite personal training and specializes in weight loss and body composition changes.
Dr. Erin Cameron, DPT, CPT
In 4th grade, when asked what she wanted to be when she grew up Dr. Erin Cameron, DPT, CSCS replied “physical therapist,” a rather unconventional response for a child that age. She was a young swimmer with shoulder pain, desperate to return the to sport that she loved so dearly. The dedication of her physical therapist allowed her to pursue her passion and eventually go on to compete at the collegiate level.
While swimming at the University of Michigan she studied to obtain a Bachelor of Science in Movement Science from the School of Kinesiology. During her collegiate swimming career, she earned the following accolades: two-time CSCAA Honorable Mention Scholar All-American, three-time Big Ten Distinguished Scholar, team captain and the Michigan Leadership Academy Leader of Distinction award.
Erin has dedicated much of her life to the sport of swimming. In addition to competing in the sport for 15 years, she has coached at various elite swim camps and clinics growing her expertise in stroke technique and video critique. She has also served as a volunteer staff member for Division I, II and III swim programs aiding in both coaching and developing exercise programs/educational sessions for upper extremity injury prevention.
Erin received her Doctorate in Physical Therapy from Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine. During her time in physical therapy school, she developed a special interest in treating patients with a broad range of orthopedic injuries and promoting general health and wellness.
Dr. John Mullen, DPT, CPT
Dr. John Mullen, DPT, CSCS is a World renowned expert and speaker in sports training and rehabilitation. He received his Doctorate in Physical Therapy at USC, as well as the Josette Antonelli Division Service Scholarship, Order of the Golden Cane, and the Order of Areté.
Dr. John has done extensive research on orthopedics and sports and has worked with multiple professional and Olympic athletes, helping them earn Olympic medals.
Dr. John has been featured in Gizmodo, Motherboard, and many more. Before his Doctoral program, Dr. John swam on an athletic scholarship at Purdue University, was an Academic Honorable Mention All-American, and was awarded the Red Mackey Award and R. O. Papenguh Award. Dr. John was born in Centerville, Ohio and was a 24-time high school All-American Swimmer. Dr. John is still a swimmer and holds a Masters swimming World and Pacific Swimming Record.
Michael Vaandering, CPT
Michael Vaandering graduated from the University of Michigan School of Kinesiology with a B.S. in Physical Education and a minor in Health Education. He is a Certified Personal Trainer with the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM). Michael grew up on the west side of Michigan, where he competed on his high school’s water polo team as well as the swimming and diving team. As a springboard diver, he earned all-state and all-American status. During his junior and senior years, Michael used his experiences on the diving board to informally mentor the middle school diving team, including occasionally taking the role of interim coach. During his college career, he was a member of the University of Michigan Men’s Swimming and Diving Team where he helped his team toward NCAA and BIG 10 Championships. During that time he was also a coach for the local rock climbing team. He used these outlets to apply his knowledge of the underlying biomechanical principles involved in motor movement and performance to gain an edge over competitors and improve the strength and efficiency of his climbers. Michael has also been published in the International Journal of Case Studies as well as the Journal of School Health for his research into the connection between physical activity and cognition. As a supporter of lifelong sports, Michael spends much of his time in such activities as tennis, squash, rock climbing, hiking, and swimming.
COR: 3530 Lochinvar Ave. Santa Clara, CA 95051
The facility offers complimentary towels and shower services.
• Body Fat Removal
• Speed Training
• Power Training
• Injury Prevention
• Work Training
• Balance Improvement
• Goal Setting
• Low Energy
• Low Conditioning
• Healthier Lifestyle
• Work/Life Balance
• Much More!
Helpful Resources and Frequent Questions
Q? How long will each session last?
A. We’ve found 60 minute session maximizes effectiveness. The hour is broken into the following:
10 minute dynamic warm-up.
35 – 40 minute main exercise routine, individualized based off your goals.
5 minute cool-down.
What Others Have Said About COR:
- COR offers a challenging workout taught by exceptional trainers. They are very good at helping you adjust your workout if you have injuries. If you have a fitness goal for yourself they'd love to help you meet it. COR is a great place to go to get in shape or stay in shape. I wish I could give them 10 stars.Peggy, Sunnyvale
I stopped by while walking around the kyo-po plaza one day. Their friendly front desk staff was what drew me in to try boot camp at the early hour of 7 am on a Saturday. It's not usual for me to wake up this early on Saturdays. Then I tried personal training for about 3 months and was impressed by the quality of both trainers and the flexibility of their schedule. Now I've finally signed up for 6:30 am boot camp classes which is a major accomplishment for me at this time of day. This is the friendliest, most encouraging gym I have ever experienced. The workouts are fun and make you both sweat and smile throughout the whole hour session. That is saying a lot for someone who formerly avoided gyms and would rather be walking around in nature for exercise and eating good food. By the way, they have that too! Hiking and organized meals builds great community here. I even tried massage once for chronic year-long TMJ pain and it was excellent. I'm still figuring this out so will let you know how regular massages help with my TMJ journey. Thanks for reading!Elaine, Sunnyvale
- COR provides great workouts for all levels. I regularly attend one of the boot camps and have also used the physical therapy services. The workouts are adapted to meet your goals with a focus on building core strength at the beginning. The physical therapy is top notch; you won't find anyone better than Dr. John and Dr. Erin. It's a friendly place and Chris makes the 5:30am boot camp fun.Shirley, Sunnyvale
I don't usually write reviews but COR is great! I have been going off and on since May and I really appreciate the professional and friendly staff. My schedule is very fluid so I cannot always go to class but they're very understanding. Michael is very knowledgeable and a lot of fun to work with. He remains very patient about me giving him grief about how young he is and the bands he should be listening to. I am looking forward to my next visit.Kevin, Santa Clara
- I've been going to COR for a few months now---started with a Groupon for the boot camp, and now I pay full price for personal training and the boot camp, which is saying something... I do personal training with Chris, who is awesome. And the personal training sessions are only $40 each, which is sort of unprecedentedly low price. He knows a ton about form (he's a professional, after all) and can troubleshoot all your muscular imbalances without you even telling him first. I also take boot camp about 3 days a week with Michael at 6:30pm. Those classes are full-body and really hit both the strength and the cardio. Michael is also really pleasant, and highly skilled as well. COR also has a nice community/team feeling, and everyone works hard, no matter what their fitness level is.Marta, Los Altos
Everybody at COR is very professional and knowledgeable in their areas. I usually go to a boot camp with Chris and had some physical therapy sessions with Dr John. My family get personal training and physical therapy as well. I have been a member of boot camp from the very beginning. There are many members like me at COR. You will find not only the best service but also the best community for your mental and physical health.Jo, Sunnyvale
What a great place to workout! The coaches are all very personable and fun to be around. They all have a physical therapy background so they really know how the body works from a scientific perspective. My workouts are tailored to my specific injuries, but they push you just enough that you realize you can always do more. I've met some great people in my classes. I can't say enough about this place! Give it a shot. I know you will love it as much as me.Sharyl, Santa Clara
- Sri, SunnyvaleCOR is without a doubt one of the best things I have done for myself. I started COR 5 years back and since then I have pushed myself both physically and mentally to limits I could not imagine and I certainly have reaped the rewards. Dr. John, Chris and Mike are amazing, they encourage you every step of the way and they are so passionate in everything they do. With their help I am constantly re-evaluating and re-setting my goals to lose body fat and train harder to do events like Spartan race and half dome hike and marathons. Above all, COR is a community of people who support and encourage each other. It is fun to be part of COR group. Over the years this group have become my best of friends and part of my family.I recommend COR to anyone who wants to take the first step towards fitness or anyone who wants the challenge and push their limits, COR is a perfect place for you, where you are heard and helped by experienced coaches to set goals and successfully do it.
Psyching myself up to go to the gym can sometimes take the whole day! However, once I started going to Cor, I surprisingly found myself looking forward to my workout. Everyone is so positive, its infectious! The bootcamps are tailored to you, and allow you to go at your own pace. The coaches at Cor are great! They teach you the right techniques, and if you have an injury preventing you from certain movements, they will find alternative exercises that are just as challenging and will make you stronger. I have finally found a workout that works for me! March is awesome time to join the evening Bootcamp for some healthy competition with morning Bootcamp groups!Stuti, Santa Clara
I wish I could give 10 stars because COR is awesome! I always wanted to be a morning person but was horrible at it, until I joined COR. This place has changed my life in so many ways 🙂 Now, I wake up before 5 am all the time, even without an alarm, to make it to the 530 am bootcamp class with Chris. I love the group environment and feedback from the coaches. Dr. John - the owner, all the coaches, and the members make COR a great community. They are always organizing things like Spartan races, hikes around the bay, group dinners, etc. with an open invitation to everyone. You can tell Dr. John is really invested in his business and cares about his clients and how to provide the best training environment. They sent a survey to all the members a few months ago and I complained about the yoga mats. He sent me an email thanking me for being honest and asking how I thought we could improve the arrangement...and within a MONTH we had all new (way better) yoga mats hanging on the wall! They are constantly improving the place and making our lives healthier! Try COR and change your life!!!Viv, Santa Clara
- I've been searching for an exercise program that works for me for quite some time, and I always end up dropping it because the people aren't friendly (or they're just really intimidating), or because the trainers have too many people in the class to watch for form and provide modifications for injuries. I'm probably like most people -- I can do basic cardio, but strength training and anything involving weights is kind of a mystery. After reading the reviews and learning that "bootcamp" is actually a more personalized training program and nothing like the cookie cutter programs you see early morning at the park, I decided to grab a Groupon and give COR a try. I'm REALLY happy that I did. I've been going 3x a week for almost 4 weeks, and I absolutely plan on signing up for a monthly membership. I usually hit up the evening class, since I like to sleep. On my first day, Mike talked to me about any injuries or medical conditions that require modifications, as well as my goals. He's continuously made sure I have proper modifications for my fitness level and injuries, and am using correct form throughout the class, just as he does others. Classes are filled with random banter, keeping things light, but encouraging. I often find myself laughing. Everyone, from the staff to the members, are super nice and welcoming, and not at all intimidating. I would definitely recommend COR to someone who is looking to start a fitness program but isn't a fan of the traditional gym (or is a bit scared of them).Stephanie, Santa Clara
I found COR late last year, and it has been a game changer for me and my health / fitness goals. I walked in expecting something like a militant crossFit type of environment, but it's not like that at all. Instead I found a really fun, inclusive group where I instantly felt welcome and comfortable.
If you want to be fit, get strong, and push yourself in a safe and supportive place, try COR!Jan, Campbell
COR is the best local gym! I love all the trainers there-Chris and Mike make you work hard and make sure you always have the right form to prevent injury. Dr John is super nice and friendly. Love that they have morning boot camp so I can get my workout in before work begins. Love love love COR!Stina, Cupertino
Dr. John and Chris are absolutely phenomenal trainers; they are supportive, personable, and really guide you down the path to reaching your fitness goals. During the time I spent at COR, they helped me tone, tighten, and get into the best shape of my life...I couldn't be more thankful to these guys for all of their guidance and patience with me. The bootcamp classes that they offer are competitive-yet-fun, and really get you sweating. Plus, you get the opportunity to bond with a great group of people in the process. I highly recommend this gym to anyone willing to make a serious commitment to their personal health and fitness!Sara, Manteca
- I would highly recommend COR to anyone looking for a great workout, friendly community and/or very knowledgable physical therapy. As a previous collegiate swimmer, and current open water swimmer, I've had consistent shoulder pain throughout my career. After trying to treat myself (without much education) and failing, it was time to commit to physical therapy. I've been receiving physical therapy treatments from Dr. John Mullen for this ongoing shoulder pain and can honestly say, these sessions have SAVED my shoulder and posture. With the insight and wisdom of CORs physical therapy sessions, I am now pain and stress free during my workouts and sitting all day at work. Not only am I pain free, I am able to use the knowledge that was provided in my sessions as self encouragement on a daily basis. COR is an open, friendly place where I always feel comfortable and treated with respect. Now that my shoulder is healed, I look forward to taking more of the bootcamp classes!Katey, San Jose
- Let's start off with saying that I'm a bit bias because the staff at COR makes you feel like family. And it's hard not to love family. Here's the usual breakdown (+1) Dr. Mullen is very knowledgeable and truly cares about his patients and boot camp attendees. It's nice knowing that this is one of the few truly health-centered "gyms" I've been to. It's reassuring that techniques practiced have some scientific method behind them and not just propelled by the latest kale-eating-gluten-hating-raw-organic-money-makers. (+1) COR is friendly to people of any shape and any fitness level. I've met Olympic level-swimmers, fellow college students, and retired housewives who all have something to gain from this quaint gym. (+1) The boot camps are a blast! We do a wide mix of activities ranging from injury prevention to power lifting to cardio to fun workout "games". (+1) The instructors are amazing at fixing technique and monitoring form (health and safety at the CORe of it all!) (-1) Although there are other classes besides bootcamps, I wish there were more time-slots available for each class. It's still a smaller studio so a ramp-up in class availability would be great! Overall, it is a great, loving, and accepting group of athletes (all of us are athletes despite how fast we can go!) that will keep you engaged and motivated. NOTE: This is NOT a gym with ellipticals and treadmills. it is a place where you will sweat, laugh, (maybe cry) but ultimately come out feeling stronger and healthier.Olga, Cupertino
- I joined bootcamp program of COR and found it to be excellent fun filled program. The instructors John and Chris are very helpful and give good attention to individual's injuries. Each workout session is very intensive and compact, customized for each person. I would highly recommend this place.Govind, Campbell
I have spent the better part of two years relying on Yelp to help me locate the best places in the south bay, but I have yet to leave a review. However, I feel that COR is certainly worth some words of recognition. I spent a good two months researching fitness programs in my area before I signed up for COR. The first day I walked in the door, I knew I had made the right decision. Both Coach Chris and Dr. John are incredibly knowledgable, and design workouts that are safe as well as effective and challenging. I came to COR with multiple rotator cuff injuries, and both Chris and John have provided me with the individualized attention I need, even while in a group setting. The other COR members keep me laughing throughout my workout, and I have met some truly wonderful people during my time with the group. Everyone was incredibly welcoming, and the comradery between the bootcampers has made my experience that much better. Dr. John and Chris not only get us in shape, but work hard to facilitate the COR community, with hikes, social gatherings, and even the occasional half marathon challenge. I am so grateful that I found COR, and I encourage anyone who wishes to make positive changes in their life to come check it out!Julia, Santa Clara
- I have been a happy and enthusiastic member of COR's boot camp for over a year now! Initially, I was hesitant because of injuries, lack of athleticism, and general weight issues. My fear was that the workouts would exceed my skill and physical abilities. However, a friend convinced me to try it for a month. I loved it! My body ached for weeks as Dr. John eased me into the habit of exercise, working on strength with weights and endurance with cardio workouts. Both he and Chris continue to be careful and adjust the varying, daily workouts to best suit each member's ability. After a year, I have almost reached my person weight loss goal and have set a new, lower goal. My health is much improved and I feel great! The BEST part about COT is the friendships made during our workouts!!! We encourage each other to attend boot camps, challenge ourselves to reach new goals, and look forward to seeing each other outside of camp. COR has supported these new friendships by hosting monthly hikes, organizing "healthy" socials, planning group participation in local runs (5K, 10K & 1/2 Marathons), and by posting funny updates on Facebook (all with amazing photography!). Being a member of COR has been life changing for me - thank you!Amy, San Jose
COR is a great place to work out! Awesome staff and equipment. The workouts vary often so you get a great workout. HIIT and free weights. The people that go there are nice and friendly.Terry, Sunnyvale West
- BOOT CAMP: I've been going since 2012 and it has become a part of me. The trainers are terrific. Since being part of COR I've been able to run a half marathon, segments of the Big Sur marathon, Half Dome, Mt Talac and prepared for Spartan races. They customize the workouts to manage my injuries and keep me challenged. The groups are very supportive and we laugh everyday.Katharine, Santa Clara
Amazing place for an amazing workout with amazing coaches!!Snehal, Santa Clara
- I didn’t know I was in such bad shape until I signed up for COR. Boot Camp has been a life saver.Joe, San Jose
- Friendly, fun, kickass daily work outs.Srikanth, Sunnyvale
- COR is the best local find! I love the facility, the staff is friendly and knowledgeable, and best of all- the people who come to COR form an inspiring and encouraging team spirit. The trainers want to work with your strengths and challenges and help you get stronger by making customized workouts for everyone. I adore COR and strongly recommend it.Christina, Santa Clara
- I have been a member at COR for over three years. I am grateful I found this group. We are like a big extended family. We often do activities outside of the gym together. Those activities are not just exercising but social as well. We spend a lot of time laughing together. Chris, Mike and John create workouts for all fitness levels so you are always challenging yourself. It always amazes me to see the progress my friends make with their workouts.Tammie, Sunnyvale
- I have been going to COR for 6 years for boot camp. Dr.John and cor team is excellent at whatever they do. Boot camp exercise are bit intense but continues coaching and form corrections encourage one to continue with the routine. It's a fun place and besides boot camp feels like a community. I would highly recommend it for boot camp and physical therapyAmit, Cupertino
- It's like getting a personal trainer at group exercise prices.Lisa, Santa Clara
- I have been with COR for more than 5 years now. COR is different. With their team approach to fitness, I feel so supported by all of the training staff and every member here. I feel welcomed as soon as I walk through the door and through the intense but fun workouts. The coaches are always checking in with me and pushing me to go deep and find the strength to finish strong. COR also works beyond the training center. There are Sunday hikes, monthly dinners, and community-based projects such as raising fundraisers for many organizations. we give back to the community whenever possible. COR works on the body and the spirit. COR is not just a gym. It's the community that I love. we learn to focus on recovery and balance in life. Most importantly, we work as a TEAM: Together Everyone Achieves More. I recommend COR to everyone. You will have no problem staying motivated here because you will learn to have a healthy and balanced life.Sharada, Santa Clara
COR offers a challenging workout taught by exceptional trainers. They are very good at helping you adjust your workout if you have injuries. If you have a fitness goal for yourself they'd love to help you meet it. COR is a great place to go to get in shape or stay in shape. I wish I could give them 10 stars.Peggy, Sunnyvale
- This is a great place for both your medical conditions as well as group workouts. I first visited @COR when I had an ankle sprain. I was treated by Dr. Erin and Dr. John, both of whom are experts in this field. What makes COR special is the care and attention you get from your doctor. After completing my sessions I joined COR fitness classes which are in a group workout format. It's similar to CrossFit except for the risk of injury. I train with Coach Mike who is exceptionally brilliant at the coaching. I would recommend this place if you are looking for recovery from injuries or love working out in groups.Dhananjay, San Jose
- I've been at bootcamp for the first time in my life at COR 2 weeks ago. I go to the 6:30PM class with Michael. The facility, class plan, and especially the staff and trainers are top notch. I feel like I've already made a tremendous gain in physical health since coming here for a short time.Sing-Ho, Cupertino