Looking for a way to use some winter vegetables or wanting to mix-up the traditional spaghetti? Try using a spaghetti squash and for a spin on the familiar spaghetti!
INGREDIENTS FOR SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH MEAT SAUCE
- 1 medium to large spaghetti squash
- 1 lb. of ground beef (options)
- 1 can or tomato sauce (homemade [thanks VR] or canned)
- Olive oil
- Salt (optional)
HOW TO MAKE SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH MEAT SAUCE
- Split the spaghetti squash in half and use a large spoon to remove all seeds.
- Pre-heat oven to 425°.
- Sprinkle spaghetti squash with olive oil and salt.
- Wrap spaghetti squat in aluminum foil and place on baking sheet.
- Cook in oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, remove aluminum foil, and bake for another 30 – 35 minutes (until soft) at 425°.
- While baking, in large sauce pan, cook ground beef at medium heat .
- Remove spaghetti squash when soft and cool.
- Use a large fork to scrape guts of squash into a large bowl.
- Heat sauce in same pan as ground beef.
- Mix, serve, yum.